Meet your 2009 Oscar nominees. First impressions:
- Sorry, I really liked the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but in terms of pure performance Leonardo Dicaprio in Revolutionary Road should have beat out Brad Pitt for a nod.
- And, despite the fact that I haven’t seen The Reader, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that Angelina’s nod for The Changeling is a result of the the world’s love affair with her (hey, I’m a fan) and not some groundbreaking acting. (I swear, I’m not a Brangelina hater.)
- Interesting that Kate Winslet got the nod for The Reader and not Revolutionary Road. The latter got shut out except for Michael Shannon’s supporting nomination.
- Thrilled about In Bruges’ original screenplay nod. That’s officially turned into my favorite category since it always seems to be the least political.
- Slumdog will have a great night on Feb. 22nd.
- Still need to see: The Reader, Frost/Nixon, The Changeling, Frozen River, Happy-Go-Lucky, Tropic Thunder (do I have to?).
Posted by: Mariela