The fifth non-Matterful member commentator will receive a CD with all the songs!
1. Your Ex-Lover’s Dead — Stars
Good boy/girl duets tend to get me and this is one of the best. I just saw the video for the first time and it has Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind written all over it.
2. Thinking About You — Radiohead
I especially love the acoustic version of this song. Bitterness at its best.
3. Driveway to Driveway — Superchunk
Here, even drowning yourself in drink doesn’t numb the heartache. These lines will always resonate: “My hand on your heart had been replaced. And I thought it was you that I had chased.”
4. These Arms of Mine — Otis Redding
Redding’s voice is soulful and raw. And that’s how I feel every time I listen to this.
5. With or Without You — U2
An anthem for the contradictions and gray areas of love.
1. Always — Bon Jovi
2. November Rain — Guns n’ Roses
3. Everybody Hurts — REM
4. Cannonball — Damien Rice
5. Killing Me Softly — Roberta Flack / The Fugees
1. Broken Heart — Spiritualized
I always remember the first time i heard this song. Gainesville, Fla. with Wendy, Autumn and Diana in the Car. Never fails to make me cry. Still. Always.
2. Do What You Gotta Do — Nina Simone
So well written, so smart, so true. If all loves could end like this song.
3. Glory Box — Portishead
Perhaps more of a pre-break-up song, but the end is nigh. A guttural cry from one of the best chanteuses.
4. I Still Miss Someone — Johnny Cash
This song was once sent to me. It is a very bad feeling to be on the other side.
5. Ex-Factor — Lauryn Hill
Heartbreaking, gut-wrenching. Lauryn where are you?
1. You’re Not the Only One I Know — The Sundays